Friday, May 30, 2008

Hand Carved Stamp Tutorial


{image from Geninne}

I've carved some stamps in the past and it's way fun...and I just found the cutest hand carved stamp tutorial ever on geninne.com via craftzine.com. Just take a look at part of her collection...sweet!



B has been wanting to learn to carve wood and it just occurred to me when I saw this tutorial that carving stamps would be a great start. I have all the tools and carving into eraser material is like cutting butter. Perfect summer project!

8 comments:

Geninne said...

:) ! Thank you.

Unknown said...

i've been wanting to make some stamps for a while. can't wait to try it.

Thimbleanna said...

This looks like great fun -- thanks for the link!

Hannah said...

I would LOVE to do this! So fun!

Tizzalicious said...

It's so much fun to do! Mine never turn out good though :S

kari and kijsa said...

Thanks for the link...looks like so much fun!

Have a blessed weekend!

smiles, kari & kijsa

Amanda Conley said...

I took printmaking a couple years in college. Now all I ever do is stamps! They're so versatile and fun to do! I'm inspired to go make one...

Nijihanko said...

i love your carve stamps
and i love carving too.